Senior Front-End Developer
Reykjavik – Iceland | Development Team | Full-time
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and startup minded senior front-end developer / software engineer to join our team. As a front end developer, you will participate in developing innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers in the tours and activity space.
PaxFlow is currently looking for a highly motivated and startup minded front end developer / software engineer to join our team. As a front end developer, you will participate in developing innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers in the tours and activity space. You will work closely with the product team to implement new features, improve the user experience, and ensure the application is fast, reliable, and scalable.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a front-end developer working with modern front-end frameworks
- Good eye for UI/UX
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and software development best practices
- Passion for travel and willingness to learn about the industry
- Develop and maintain our web application using modern web technologies, such as React, Node.js, SQL and GraphQL.
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to define requirements and design and implement new features
- Write clean, well-documented, and efficient code
- Optimize the application for usability, maximum speed and scalability
- Troubleshoot and debug issues reported by users or the team
- Stay up-to-date with emerging web technologies and best practices
Come onboard and grow with us!
We are looking for an exceptional talent who wants to join an early stage start up and that is looking to grow extremely fast. Great opportunity to be directly involved in high level decision making at an ambitious startup in the travel tech space. Competitive salaries and a stock option plan available for the right candidate joining the early team.
Please apply, if you are motivated to take on a leading role in a fast growing startup. We appreciate it if you can send us a portfolio of your work that relates to this role. Please explain your contributions to the projects in the portfolio.
We encourage people of all genders to apply. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!
PaxFlow is an early stage travel tech startup based out of Reykjavik, Iceland. We are on a mission to empower tour operators to streamline tour operations using automation and customer self service tools. We are venture backed startup with healthy funding to develop our planform and grow our team and customer base.
The founders are genuine industry leaders in the travel tech space – having previously worked for companies and brands such as: LinkedIn, Origo Iceland, Travelade, DriverGuide, Caren, Bus Travel Iceland, Reykjavik Excursions, Iceland Travel, Icelandair, Inspired by Iceland, Icelandic Tourist Board and more.
We care about creating an intuitive and data-driven platform using state of the art technologies and solutions. We care about tour operators and the amazing people that run and manage tour operations. They often need to deal with overload of challenges that need to be tackled within a very condensed timeframe and we want to make the hard work easy for them.